“Art is what it does to us.”
Your easiest escape is a mental one. • Step into 5 visionary daydreams:
1. Bahai Temple of South America – Hariri Pontarini Architects
A peaceful glow…
©Sebastian Wilson Leon [click photo to enlarge for best experience]
* Welcoming to all religions—or none!
- 2017 award: Canadian Innovation in Architecture
- Chile: Last of 8 continental temples
- Translucent marble & cast glass (TED talk “Sacred Space”)
2. Glass Sculptures – Jack Storms
Breathtaking light and color…
*Artist’s fave “Vivi-ovo” at 5:45!
- Cold process: cutting, gluing and polishing
- Fibonacci / Golden Ratio for proportions of beauty
- Crystal and dichroic glass
3. Lovers Statues that Mesh – Tamara Kvesitadze
Symbolism of a deep intimacy…
*Romantics: stop video at 1:56 mins!
- Muslim/Christian love story
- 26 feet tall, kinetic bodies, lit by LED
- Public exhibit in Georgia, formerly Russian empire
4. Paintings – Peter Max
Saturated color, since the psychedelic 60’s…
Dreams Art Gallery, St Maarten | Bio, variety of works: pianos, plane, ship, cars, albums, stamps, murals, portraits, events and media
*See my “portrait” (as if!) at 2:05 and 6:14 mins
I finally met my lifelong inspiration in 2004. He told me he always paints to music. I think it shows!
- Just adorned TV’s “The Voice”
- Born in Germany, escaped the Holocaust; now 79 years old
- Paints Americana icons for social causes: vegan (read how he saved a COW), environmental, human rights, world peace (“I Love the World”)
5. Crystal Universe – teamLab
Sublime entry into space and wonder…
*The pinks at 1:23 are better than a Bob Mackie wardrobe!
- Created by technologist dreamers, with over 170,000 LEDs
- Visitors use interactive smart devices to affect their environment
- The collective’s 2017 new work: color-changing spheres respond to touch
5 last looks:
*Click each for largest immersion…
Feast your eyes, indulge your imagination…
let good art carry you away.